St Michael And Holy Angels, West Bromwich
THE ROMAN CATHOLIC PARISH OF ST MICHAEL AND HOLY ANGELS, 260 HIGH STREET, WEST BROMWICH.
Welcome to The Roman Catholic Parish of St Michael and The Holy Angels, West Bromwich
To build an animating and loving multicultural Ecclesial Community
PARISH PASTORAL PROGRAMME DURING THIS TIME OF
CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC WITH EFFECT FROM FROM
20TH MARCH 2020.
My Dear Brothers & Sisters in Christ,
As a result of the COVID - 19 Pandemic, the Catholic Church in England and Wales has suspended public worship in our churches starting from the 20th of March 2020 till further notice. This is an invitation to reinvigorate our faith in God.
As a family, we tried to continue praying together online in an interactive manner but this has not been possible due to the unprecedented upsurge in demand for online conference meetings.
While we aim at interactive sessions we now have YouTube live streaming of our celebrations. We shall always endeavour to post the link as soon as it is updated on our website. So please keep in touch by checking the website regularly.
1. WEEKDAY MASSES (Mondays to Saturdays): 10.30 am (This will be without a Congregation, and it may not be live-streamed).
2. SUNDAY MASSES:
10.45 am every Sunday preceded by Exposition Adoration of the Blessed Eucharist at 9.45 am.
3. MASS REQUEST:
If you want to request for Mass to be offered for your intention please feel free to send in your Mass request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the Mass request will be celebrated without a congregation but will be published in the parish news bulletin and website. Please let us know if you do not want this publication.
4. DIVINE MERCY CHAPEL:
The Divine Mercy Chapel is now closed. People who are happy for the priest to light a votive candle in supplication for their welfare and private intentions should feel free to send their names to email@example.com.
5. EXPOSITION OF THE BLESSED SACRAMENT:
Sundays 9.45 am, thereafter Mass which will be stream live.
6. SACRAMENT OF RECONCILIATION (CONFESSIONS):
Suspended till further notice. Meanwhile, carry out an act of perfect contrition as previously advised.
7. PARISH WEBSITE:
The Parish Website - http://www.stmichaelwestbromwich.org will be updated as often as possible and the Weekly Parish News Bulletin and other updates will be regularly published there. You are advised to access the website regularly for these updates.
8. PARISH NEWS BULLETIN:
The Parish News Bulletin will be published every week on the parish website. It will contain The Sunday Readings and all other the necessary information.
9. SPECIAL EMERGENCIES (VIATICUM, LAST RITES, ETC):
If a member of the parish requires last rites or viaticum please let the Hospital Staff call the chaplain of the hospital immediately; and then go further to inform the Parish Priest in case the Chaplain is not available. The Parish Priest will be happy to be contacted to come and administer to the person.
THE NORMAL PARISH PASTORAL PROGRAMME WILL CONTINUE AFTER THE CORONA VIRUS PANDEMIC,
NORMAL PARISH PASTORAL PROGRAMME
- Vigil Mass: Saturday 5:45pm
- Sunday: 10:30am (with Children's Liturgy),
- Sunday: 4.00pm - Polish Mass (Fr Ireneusz Maraszkiewicz presiding)
- Holy Days of Obligation: 10:00 am if it falls on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or Saturday; but 12.15 pm if it falls on a Tuesday or Thursday, and then 7:30 pm (except on Saturday).
- Mondays, Wednesday, Fridays, and Saturdays - 10.00 am
- Tuesdays and Thursdays - 12:15 pm.
Holy Hour and Benediction with the Blessed Sacrament
First Saturday of the Month: 10.30 am
Sacrament of Reconciliation
- First Friday of the Month: 10.3am - 11am
- Saturdays: 10:30am - 11am
- Saturdays: 5.00pm - 5.30pm
- By arrangement with the Priest.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
- Sundays: 9.30am - 10.00am
- First Saturday of the month: 10.30am - 11.00am
Parish Priest: Fr Josephat Ezeanolue C.S.Sp.
For Mass in Polish Only: Fr Ireneusz Maraszkiewicz
Parish Admin Secretary: Susan Wood
Parish Safeguarding Representative: Matilda Makombe
Sacrament of the Sick
Please contact Parish office on 01215330034 to arrange a home/hospital visit to the sick and housebound.
Requests for Mass
Mass Request Forms are available in Sacristy and at the back of the church.
Any suitable time arranged with the priest for both the pre-baptism session and the baptism.
1. At least one god-parent must be a practising catholic (Can 874),
2. Parents and god-parents also need to attend a pre-baptism session.
3. god-parents who are not members of the Parish may be required to present a certificate of suitability from their proper Parish Priests.
Registration For Infant Baptism:
Application Forms are available in the Sacristy and at the back of the Church. Completed application forms should be returned to the Priest. Parents may be required to present the birth certificate of their children.
Couples must consult the priest at least six months before the wedding date.
All God's children have a place in the choir
some sing low, some sing high;
Some sing sweetly like birds,
The rest: just clap their hands.
Can Sing? Want to Sing?
Praise God with your Voice!
Note: If you can talk, then you can sing! Please consider joining the choir.
Are you letting your tax support the parish? It is easy and painless. If you are a UK income tax payer, your weekly offering can be GIFT AIDED. This will enable the parish to claim back up to 25% of every pound you give at no extra cost to you. For more details contact Sue or Arlene.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Can't find what you are looking for?
St Michael & Holy Angels,
260 High Street,
West Bromwich, Midlands,
Phone: 0121 553 0034